A virtual free trade zone for trade, investment and innovation in the North East of England.
WELCOME TO THE NORTH EAST ENGLAND FREEPORT WEBSITE
If the North East England Freeport bid is successful, it will see the creation of a virtual free trade zone, comprising a multi-site, digitally-connected and cybersecure boundary, linking key manufacturing, development and logistics sites through a network of customs zones and/or tax sites.
The North East England Freeport will create 60,000 jobs, over £3.4bn GVA and £2.7bn private sector investment.
Data compiled by consortium members and validated by an independent economic advisor demonstrates that the North East England Freeport would deliver outstanding economic benefits to the region. These include:
- 61,458 new jobs across the construction, manufacturing, logistics, energy, innovation and business sectors
- £3.4 billion GVA across the local region
- Total GVA uplift of c£3,000 per capita within the North East LEP area
- Expected GVA of £110,000 per freeport worker, with median earnings of freeport workers 40-62% higher than current regional levels across all sectors
- £2.7 billion in new regional private sector investment
- £2.1 billion additional UK exports over 10 years
LATEST NEWS & BLOG
Check out the latest news and updates regarding the North East England Freeport…
INTRODUCING OUR PARTNERS
The regional consortium formed to operate the North East England Freeport as a virtual free trade zone includes Nissan, the Ports of Tyne, Blyth and Sunderland, Newcastle Airport, seven local and two combined authorities, the North East Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP), plus leading north east universities and innovation organisations.